In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Community Service.”
Dear Family, friends and Neighbors,
Those who are fortunate to have college degree and even higher education would know the importance of education in their lives.
Education is the key to success!
Education is one treasure that no one can steal.
Education increase by sharing.
Education provides the first step toward a better life – by opening doors for job, followed by many more opportunity for growth.
I would like my fellow citizens to promote education in their surrounding – starting from Home, Neighborhood, Community and further….where ever you are and wherever you go make EDUCATION your priority.
Encourage kids in your surrounding to embrace education.
- Read to your kids or read with them.
- Watch Public television – Great shows for kids. Arthur, Curious George, Sesame Street and many more.
- Invest in your child’s education – do homework with them.
- Visit their school, participate in school activities , volunteer.
- Save for their higher education.
- If your kids are grownup – help with your nieces and nephews.
In your neighborhood:
- Donate your time – be a mentor, be a tutor.
- Get involved with BIG Brother – BIG Sister program.
- Support Youth Projects – Local Sports Leagues.
- Be a role model for the kids.
If you are not able to help physically – help financially – DONATE for good causes.
- www.careforchildren.org – Dollar a Day program to support education worldwide
- http://girlrising.com/ – Girl Rising to support girls in INDIA
I hope you all ponder over this and consider instilling values which will help your child and every other child and in turn make our home, schools, neighborhood a better place to live and treasure to behold lifetime.
PROMOTE EDUCATION and SUPPORT EDUCATION